8/26/15

Acorn Toadstools

 
 My husband was driving up in the mountains the other day and saw some of the trees were beginning to change color! Fall is quickly approaching, and I'm excited because it's one of my favorite seasons to decorate for! I love using natural elements in my fall decorating and I love little details. This project is fun, simple, and so cute!

Supplies needed:
Acorn tops
Hot glue gun and glue
Twigs
Clippers
Cotton balls
Optional: paint

Glue a tuft of cotton into the inside of the acorn top. Into the center of that, glue your little twig use the clippers to shorten your twig if necessary. Once the glue is dry, blow on the cotton or gently brush it with your fingers so it flares out up and around the acorn mushroom top.

At this point, your mushroom could be finished if you want it to stay natural. You could also pull out some paints to decorate it. I plan to use inexpensive acrylic paints to make the mushroom/acorn top red then paint little white dots.

Once you're done with your mushroom, have fun decorating with it! Try making a mushroom "terrarium" in a little glass jar, or gather a few together with string in a tiny mushroom bouquet. I think little red mushrooms will look especially cute in a fairy garden, maybe even with a little glittery fairy dust. There are so many fun possibilities!
How will you use your acorn mushrooms?

For other fun acorn projects, check out these posts:
 photo TWTfeatured_zps4mrhyudc.jpg

4 comments:

  1. These little mushrooms are adorable! I'd like to feature them tomorrow at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci! I enjoyed seeing them featured on your blog today! Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  2. This fun post is being featured on my blog today as part of Tuesdays with a Twist blog hop: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/09/time-to-link-up-tuesdays-with-twist-126.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angie! I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Please remember to keep your comments uplifting and family friendly. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Blogging tips